Saturday 10 October 2015

1A- Second Draft of CV


Edited CV


After reviewing my CV I could see that this needed to be changed. Looking at my CV from a critical point of view I could see I needed to change it for when I finally begin auditioning again. There are many improvements I needed to make to create the perfect Dance CV.

Profile
I wanted my name to be in bold and bigger at the top, as I am sure you are aware the amount of dancer CVs that are handed in at an audition I didn't want my name to be inconspicuous on the top. I want to be remembered from an audition so having my name in bolder letters at the top will help me achieve this. Next to it a copy of  my headshot so I will be recognised and remembered from the audition.

Format
The format on my CV before was all wrong. I formatted my CV so that it would be clearer to navigate around. Changing the fonts and making the titles bolder - in general just making everything bolder and clearer. 

Experience
Looking at my first draft of my CV I had put my most recent experience and professional experience on the bottom. I arranged all this so my most recent contract was at the top right down to my first ever contract. Also there are no dates on my previous CV - so I made sure all dates were put on my CV. 

Second Draft
Looking at my second draft, I can see that it has improved vastly after looking at from a professional point of view. Being injured, and having the time to critically evaluate my CV has helped me improve my current Dance CV. 

I will be coming back to look at my CV and creating a final daft.

Any comments or other improvements are welcomed.
Thank You


2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!
    From reading you're posts, I am guessing that you started the course in October? However I really like the way that this CV is displayed. It's clear easy to read and gets to the point.

    I look forward to having a read of past and future posts and I hope the course is going well for you so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura,

      I actually deferred so I will be picking this back up this term. Thanks for your feedback :)

      Hope your enjoying the courses far!

      Katie

      Delete