Monday 22 February 2016

Task 2A - Reflective Journals

When I looked at the second part of the module and I saw the journal writing task - I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of writing a descriptive journal of my day. I have never been a fan of talking about my emotions never mind writing in depth descriptions of my days. 


So I decided to do more research into why keeping a journal would be beneficial. 

Do Journals help you have a better connection with your values, emotions, and goals?
"By journal writing about what you believe in, why you believe it, how you feel, and what your goals are. Some argue that you better understand your relationships to those things. This is because you must sort through the mental clutter and provide details on why you do what you do and feel what you feel."
I sometimes feel writing things down can make things clearer - Sometimes when faced with overwhelming workloads - making a list/ writing things down can man you feel less overwhelmed by it - seeing it written down on paper. In essence it is just clearing away mental clutter to allow you to think straight. 


My professional work as a Recruitment Consultant is so KPI driven - constantly working towards targets and goals - Aswell as my performance goals, I am going to experiment with different ways to have a journal.

  1. Creating lists
  2. Descriptive journal 
  3. Collating my achievements
  4. Using different models to reflect in my journal rather than a scene by scene what happened.
  5. Collating different stats for the week and reflecting on how I can improve 



I will have a look at the different ways of keeping a journal and will find the best way to develop my professional career.





Research 

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/journal-writing-5-smart-reasons-why-you-should-start-doing-today.html

No comments:

Post a Comment