Tuesday 23 February 2016

2A - The Gibbs Model - Reflecting rather that just "doing"

Having reflected on ways to create a journal that would be effective to my learning and how it can help me to develop my professional career. I want to try a few methods to see which is the best method for me to develop moving forwards.


The Gibbs Cycle allowed me to reflect on my professional day to day experiences rather than just DOING - which is something I quite often did - Doing and going through the motions. 

You should go through a series of stages which will get you to think about (reflect on) your experiences. This begins with fairly concrete questions that ask you to describe what happened, and how you feel. You should then evaluate the positives, which you want to repeat next time, as well as the negatives, which you want to improve. 

Please find example bellow:




1 comment:

  1. Katie yes I like Gibbs now a bit better than Kolb http://paulanottingham.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/graham-gibbs-learning-cycle.html good to see it helps - we don't always think in a cycle! but negotiating thinking in stages is helpful for analysis.

    ReplyDelete